Translate

Thursday 24 March 2016

The BEST Roast Potatoes





Not that I want to blow my own trumpet or anything, but I do make a mean roast and my roast potatoes are pretty epic! Crunchy on the outside but fluffy on the inside...pure bliss! They're always the favourite part of the dish and everyone always asks me for my recipe...so here it is!

There's nothing I hate more than anemic potatoes...why are they so pale?? Where is their golden glow?? Why do they lack crunch and taste?? You will NEVER be asked these questions when cooking my roast spuds! 

I wasn't sure whether to do a post on a full roast but have decided on just the roast potatoes. However, if you'd like to know how I cook my roasts then leave a comment on this post or on my Instagram page and I will do a post on that for you.

Makes enough for 4 people.


Ingredients:
  • 4 large baking potatoes
  • 1 whole garlic
  • 150g unsalted butter
  • Salt & pepper


Peel and cut the potatoes into quarters (depending on size, you may need to cut into smaller chunks). Put into a saucepan of water and bring to the boil.

Put the butter into a small bowl and melt in the microwave. Once melted, crush the garlic cloves into the butter then mix well.

Once the potatoes are par boiled, drain and place into an ovenproof dish. Brush the potatoes with the garlic butter then season. Place in a preheated oven and bake for an hour and a half. 

You will need to keep turning the potatoes and brushing with the garlic butter and seasoning during the cooking time. I usually do this about 4 times. I on;y season two with salt, then just pepper for the rest of the times I turn them.

Once they're a beautiful golden brown, they're ready to be devoured!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment