Translate

Friday 20 May 2016

Thai Fish Cakes




I've been on somewhat of I health kick lately, mainly because I've put on a little weight since I started writing my blog and wanted to get back into shape. The other reason is I have a few holidays coming up so want to look my best in my bikini!

I have decided to cut down on my meat intake and eat more fish and veggie meals.

What I love about these fish cakes is the flavour and smell is so amazingly fresh, you'll honestly want to eat them as soon as you can!

These are easy to make and I recommend you have everything chopped/greated before you start to make your life easy.

I served mine with some jasmine rice and sweet chilli sauce but a salad would work well also.

Ingredients:
  • 500g cod fillets, finely chopped
  • 1 lemongrass stick, outer layers discarded and finely chopped
  • 3.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
  • finsely grated zest of 1 lime
  • 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
  • 4 tbsp plain flour
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 egg white
  • 3 tbsp groundnut oil
In a food processor, whizz the fish, lemon grass, ginger and garlic to a paste. Put into a bowl and mix in the coriander, lime zest, red pepper and chilli, flour, soy sauce and egg white.

Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium-high heat. Once the saucepan is hot, cook batches of the fish cakes for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.

Serve the fish cakes with rice or salad.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment